I have been reminded that I have not posted in a while. I have been meaning to but....
1. It has been really hot here. Highs in the upper 90's with heat index in the 100's and I found myself spending extra time in the pool. Lazy, right?
2. Our garden has been going crazy so I have had a ton of canning to do along with normal house stuff. Canning is a huge time suck. I will be happy this winter though when I can go to the pantry for peaches and tomatoes, jams and relish.
3. I spent a couple of days in Cape Girardeau with the River Heritage Quilt Guild. I did a trunk show and two workshops. Visiting guilds is one of my favorite parts of this job. I felt like a member of the guild as soon as I walked in the door. What a friendly and welcoming group! I hope to see this group again for sure.
4. See the photo above. The airbags in my car malfunctioned last Wednesday morning. I bumped- just barely bumped a car at a stop sign. Didn't even leave a scratch on my car and the airbags deployed! Blew out the windshield and did about $5000 worth of damage- all from the airbags. It also burned my hand very badly.
Now- a week later it is looking better but is very painful to use. Which makes quilting hard to do.
5. Which leads to me my biggest task- getting ready for Market. I have been working around the clock and am not sure I will get everything done that I wanted to. I have two big quilts that are all applique and that I plan to hand quilt. Along with the other things for Market. I should have one ready for binding today. The other I still have about 1/4 of the applique to finish before the quilting starts. I have another quilt all quilted and bound and two small projects finished. I always underestimate how long things will take. I am doing big stitch which is soooo much faster. But the hand slows things way down.
This is a peek at Rhapsody.I am quilting a 2" grid over this entire quilt. It measures 74" x 78" and is all folk art applique. The center block measures 32" x 36" and I can't wait to show you. I really love this one. I hope you will too.
Soooo now you know what has been going on with me. I will have some photos soon. As we get closer to Market I will have more to share. It's kind of hard to post when I can't show what I am working on.
Now I better get going. I have to finish the quilting with my slow hand and then I have to go car shopping!